How to suck up to a dev or a designer
For us account managers, life is about keeping people happy - our clients and our creatives.
People who work creatively love what they do. They love bringing an idea to life, and their work is about more than just bringing home a paycheck. Unfortunately, agency life doesn’t always give them the freedom to spend endless hours on a design or a development.
There's a lot to contend with - deadlines, budgetary constraints, sudden changes; clients requiring projects quickly, or the hardest one of requirements I haven't communicated properly to them.
All of the above require me to Suck Up! But how?
- Treats! Keep them on a sugar high.
- Buy them coffee
- Compliments, tell them how clever they are.
- Manners; Lots of Please and Thank you messages.
- The Star emoji works a charm.
- Praise - name drop them for being amazing in front of the entire team.
Most importantly always be kind, even when you don’t require anything from them.