A surprising response to my election and involvement in the Otago Chamber of Commerce has been the "Why" and "What" questions. I assumed everyone would easily understand the benefits of belonging to this incredibly successful organisation...and being so much more immersed in the service from a governance perspective has only further confirmed this for me.
Both new and existing businesses and organisations can benefit immensely from holding a Chamber membership, in fact, I would go so far to say that if you aren't a member you are missing out - but of course, I would say that!
Along with the usual and hopefully already well-known benefits...
- One stop for access to business information and resources.
- Connecting with other businesses through highly attended networking events and functions.
- Capability building and skills training on the hundreds of training courses and workshops each year.
- Advocacy where a collective voice is needed and representation required.
- Basically - The Chamber has your back.
...there is a swag more that aren't so well know...
- Play a role in the strategic success of the region (prove to your team and future employees you are an active member of the ecosystem).
- Market your product, service and organisation to thousands of decision makers and their team through the greater Otago region.
- Savings! Group buying privileges are too many to mention and many of the members offer Chamber Member only discounts too.
- Share the role of apprentice employment through the special 4Trades offering.
- Export services including the documentation and processing of certificate of origin.
- Business awards and celebrations where new and old come together to celebrate success.
- so much more!
I challenge you to find another entity or organisation that provides anything close to those benefits the members receive!
Connect with the team today at The Chamber and become a member - if you need any more convincing drop me a line and the first coffee is on me.
021 876 200