Here are our top tips to a business wondering how they can better utilise social customer care resources.
- Nominate a Social Media Champion to respond to messages and comments
- Set up Messenger Pop Up for easy communication.
- Manage reviews which can appear on multiple channels - Platforms such as Facebook and Google MyBusiness have public review options that often get left behind. Use these tools in your favour to keep in touch and manage your reviews.
Guidelines for communication
- Think about the tone of the posts and if you will respond to feedback. It is a good idea to have a template for answers to commonly asked questions.
- Know what you have out there in the Social Space - Make sure you claim what's yours. Listings can appear on Google My Business, Facebook and LinkedIn without your knowledge.
Responding to mentions
- Statistically, customers who receive a reply to a brand mention will typically spend 20% more and are 30% more likely to recommend the brand to someone they know. Making sure you respond to all comments on Social Media, will help extend your customer reach and connection.
Add a personal touch
- The majority of the time, you will be responding as the company, but in some cases, it is a nice touch to sign off the response with your name if you are uncomfortable doing that, then just your initials.
- It isn't always possible to action a request straight-away, so let the person know you will get back to them, and when the task is complete, let them know. Even look at creating an automatic response outlining the expectation for a response.
Did you know it takes 100 likes to get the Event feature?
- Think about how photographs represent your business online. For product shots, take a few minutes to set up a nice area with a suitable background. Make it look as professional as possible, and take a few photos from different angles and pick the best one.
- It is important to keep the tone and style of the photography consistent across all of your social media channels.
- Did you know that video gets 5x more engagement than any other form of content? Have a go at making a promotional video for your business. More and more content on the web is now presented in a video format.
Choosing the right network can be hard but here are some quick facts for you to make a decision on what might be best for you:
Facebook: By far the largest platform, with over 2 billion active monthly users, the site is ideal for businesses that want to generate leads and build relationships
LinkedIn: This platform is for business networking and can be used by both B2B and B2C businesses to engage audiences and to create trust in your brand. A place to share industry-relevant information.
Twitter: This platform is about immediacy, it is perfect for businesses whose audience is under 50 and who need to stay ahead with breaking news, announcements, and trending topics.
Pinterest: The photo platform - it is fantastic for businesses with visual appeal (restaurants, fashion, art, travel, and weddings), it’s great for driving sales because so many users look to the site to plan purchases.
Snapchat: This platform is great for offering promotions, providing personalised content, giving exclusive access, and relationship building with influencers in order to drive brand recognition and loyalty.
To take your business to the next level on Social Media, our team of experts can help with every step, from video production to managing the channels on your behalf.
If you are new to Firebrand and just want to chat about what we can offer, get in touch at email@example.com